For over 40 years, Gibson Athletic has specialized in the manufacturing & distribution of functional movement equipment. Made up of three brands, Gibson, RAGE and Moving Mountains, our mission is to improve people’s lives through athleticism and functional movement. We are looking for people with high character, drive and passion to join our team.
JOB LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU:
The Production Floor Supervisor is responsible for the efficient production practices of all manufacturing operations within the company. A successful supervisor will improve operations and profitability through process optimization and people resource management. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Production Floor Supervisor will provide the following:
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Provide direction to the production floor personnel.
- Maximize efficiencies by managing work flow, setting direction for work station organization and recommending needed resources.
- Exhibit strong technical skills to leverage system-driven processes
- Create, control, and maintain Bill of Materials for 3,500+ manufactured SKU’s
- Communicate clear expectations to production personnel, keep them informed of matters pertaining to their job, and develop personal growth opportunities.
- Monitor employee work performance relative to expectations and maintain material/workflow throughout the production floor.
- Coaching, counseling, disciplinary feedback; and initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure raw material accuracy and to prioritize production.
- Ensure equipment and tools are in good working order and available for use when required.
- Monitor and enforce work start, break, and stop times of the production floor personnel.
- Maintain a positive working environment.
WE ALSO LOOK FOR:
- Experience with cut& sew, metal fabrication and woodworking a plus.
- The drive and desire to be #1 at what you do and inspire those around you
- The ability to work collectively in a team oriented environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
FOR CONSIDERATION WE ASK YOU HAVE:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge of bill of materials
- Knowledge of lean principles, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations required.
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities.
- Strong proficiency in the various components of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to travel as needed
We’re the largest functional fitness company serving the CrossFit, Military, MMA, Gymnastics and Occupational Therapy communities. We serve thousands of commercial, specialty dealers, private gyms around the world in addition to large players such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, LifeTime Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you can add value to our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume to HR@GibsonAthletic.com with a cover letter that tells us how you feel you can best contribute to our company.